Tired of loadshedding?
Use our tool to calculate the electricity you need to cover loadshedding and buy the right back-up kit to keep your house powered up!
How to size your load requirement for load shedding
- Choose the items you want to be powered on the back up system (we recommend that only essential loads be added)
- Fill in the quantity of each item
- Fill in the wattage of each item (standard wattages are already put in as a guide only, these can be edited if needed)
- Fill in hours per day you require item to run for (it has been prepopulated with 2 hours for standard load shedding)
- Look at bottom for Total Requirements , this shows the KW and the KWH required to power all items selected.
- Match this KW to the KW of the kit i.e. if you need 2.4KW select a 3KW inverter system. We recommend selecting a system size slightly larger than your expected needs.
- Reference our Inverter and battery guidelines to ensure you are selecting the right kit for your needs.
- Remember to consult an electrician for an installation cost estimate.
- Be sure to discuss what items need to be on the essential side for the back up system and any constraints or concerns.
- If unsure, send your load calculator to us for review and recommendation.
- Check pricing, stock availability and place order at our Magnet Store.
Hours per day
- This load calculation tool is designed to assist you in sizing your system. It provides an indication of the inverter and battery sizes for your specific application.
- When completing the tool, be as accurate as possible with what items (lights, appliances, power supplies etc.) you would like powered on the system.
- Review preloaded KW against the actual KW of the item in your home (check the back of appliances for actual KW).
- Please bear in mind that this tool contains typical sizes of household loads, your home may vary.
- Magnet bears no responsibility for the inputs into the load calculator, KW recommendations and kit selection.